The Comfort Zone By DavisMcDavis

Interests: Sexy Jake Shears. I think it's good for a man to have a hobby, and Jake Shears is my hobby. I also like making soap and painting, preferably while listening to the Scissor Sisters. Expertise: Warholiana, Bernhardeliana, Sedarisata (both David and Amy), and Queen Amidaliana, Jake Shears-iana, and other similar party trivialities and banter. My Xanga blog (http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=davismcdavis) doesn't Google very well so I'm trying to post things here also. Why not?

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Jewish Boro Park Fuck Sexy Girl

Jewish Boro Park Fuck Sexy Girl


Last night my credit card company called because I've been buying so much stuff they thought my card might have been stolen.  I think I buy things in the spring as my self-diagnosed Seasonal Affective Disorder wears off.  Either that or because everything's on sale.  Who knows?  I'm sad (S.A.D.).  Anyway, acting on a tip from Ed Shepp I've bought four delicious candles at the Bath & Body Works 50% off sale, but I think I might give one - JUST ONE - to the Stump when her birthday comes up in a month or so, so it's not as bad as it could be. 


I'm trying desperately to resist buying these gorgeous mini mixing bowls from Crate and Barrel to match these other gorgeous nesting mixing bowls from Crate And Barrel that I already own, but I think that's a losing battle.  They're adorable!  Now that I looked them all up just now, I see that the first set, the ones I already own, are on sale, since they've come out with yet a third set in a less pleasing color order. What, is Crate and Barrel trying to kill me?  I'm going to root around in the Stump's kitchen cupboards and see if she needs mixing bowls, because at $25 for a set of 5, it's practically criminal not to buy them. 


Solomon took me to Fiddler On The Roof last night.  It was Harvey Fierstein's second night as Tevye, and the whole production was super.  I'd only seen the show before in Minnesota at the famed (?) Chanhassen Dinner Theater(s), but this one was better - even without the dinner- because there were real Jews in it.  Harvey's voice sounds a bit like a garbage disposal filled with gravel, but he hits the notes and has a wonderful stage presence, so we had a great time.  Both of us got all weepy at the touching moments, but I carry tissues in my Jack Spade man-purse so it all worked out in the end.


Speaking of having fun with the Jews, check out this store, which I found in an almost, but not quite, entirely random way.  I'm not Jew-y enough to get all the jokes, but I have a feeling that they're funny for all the heebs with a sense of humor.  It might not be many of them, mind you, but it's certainly more than the Christians.  Is it possible to be a Christian and NOT be a total pain in the ass? 


Don't answer that.


That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home